Classical database documentation tools analyze the database and create thereof a
documentation of tables, columns, constraints and other database properties or
artefacts. However, this is often not helpful. It lacks meaningful descriptions, the context, business relevance and an overall understanding of
Japedo goes beyond that – it documents the complete persistence layer of any Java application that uses Java Persistence API.
- Tables, views, columns, constraints, indexes and their properties and inter-relations
- The corresponding Java entities, types, persistent fields and relevant properties.
- The linkage between tables and entities, between columns and fields and between
table constraints and entity inter-relations.
- A single-source description of database and JPA artefacts based on JavaDoc.
(The sources and SQL for the example can be downloaded here)
Easy To Use
You only have to provide your application, the source files and the database connection. The documentation is just one click away.
Single Source Documentation
Documentation for domain objects, JPA entities and database tables.
Connects your database and JPA artefacts
Show Column Value Restrictions
There are much more restrictions on columns than nullable or not.
Primary Key Algorithms
Show which algorithm generates your IDs and primary keys
Single Source Description
Describe your database items and persistent types in one place
Column and Table types
Gather additional information from the persistence application
Relations and Multiplicy
Examines relations between entities and tables. It also shows multiplicies between these elements.
Easy integration with Japedo Maven Plugin
Check for consistency, find flaws and bugs in persistence implementation
There is a lot more to come! Here are listed some features that are planned:
- Visualization of tables and entity relations in ER diagrams
- Build Integration
- Support of additional output formats: pdf, json ...
- A JPA rules and convention checker
- Analsis and display of database queries
- A tool to compare different versions of the application and database scheme
- A tool to report mismatches between JPA and database scheme
- and much more ...